Monday, August 10, 2009

BBQ

Ok so I know I haven't posted in a long time. I've been having computer issues. The good news is I have a new computer and I can post again! YAY!
I have done all kinds of cooking and I have so much to share. My most exciting development is barbecue sauce. I made a killer pork last week and I felt like I needed a sauce to complete the flavor. The pork was coated with a spicy pork rub and orange juice. I only used a little bit of OJ to make a paste. The pork takes a few hours to roast in the oven (the internal temp should be 150 when you take it out of the oven).

BBQ sauce *
1/2 can tomato paste
1 c tomato sauce (no spices)
2 tbs vinegar
1/2 c molasses
1 tbs honey
3 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp red pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients on medium for 1/2 hour. Stir to combine. Stir occasionally so the tomato paste and sauce don't burn on the bottom of your pot.

I'm not 100% sure on the amounts of the ingredients I used. This is a rough estimate but you get the idea and it's yours to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment