Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Free steak!


It's not every day that free steak shows up on your door. But you know what they say. Don't look a gift steer in the mouth. I'm certainly not complaining!
The whole story is this. I came home from work at lunch after having made an emergency grocery store run (I had a very empty fridge and had reverted to not eating enough again) and there was a big white cooler on my doorstep with a hazmat placard on the side. The placard was a hazard class 9 which could be just about anything. So needless to say I was a little concerned and approached with caution. What I found was a cooler of Kansas City Steak Company steaks on my doorstep. The problem? They were addressed to someone else, who hasn't lived here in over 3 years. I contemplated taking the cooler inside and not telling anyone at the company I had received a miss addressed box of steak. Unfortunately my conscience got the best of me (damn all that Catholic school training) and I called the company when I got back to work. When I relayed my story to the lovely lady who answered the phone she said "Congratulations you have steak!" It was like Christmas in October!
Currently I have 8 burgers, 6 sirloins, and 8 strip steaks. Now I need to figure out what to do with it all! I'm thinking a free steak party is in order!!
I've already cooked up 2 sirloins and they were quite good with just a little Mrs. Dash steak seasoning on the grill pan and some A1 on the side.
Here's KSCS's website. They might not be free for you but they were so nice to me I thought I'd give them a plug. Plus I can endorse them because the meat is quite good
http://www.kansascitysteaks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment