Monday, September 27, 2010

New toys!!

I have new toys in my kitchen!!! This weekend we were registering for our wedding which of course brought me to a few of my favorite stores to pick out stuff I'd love to have. Of course I had to test some things before I really decided if I wanted more.

My birthday present this year was an awesome Staub French oven. Tonight I tested it! I made a mean chicken soup tonight. I tossed potatoes and celery chopped really fine (1/2 or 1/4 inch cubes) in the pot with chicken stock. I boiled the potatoes and celery together for a about an hour. While that boiled I sauteed 2 chicken breasts. I added the chicken to the pot with carrots (also chopped fine)and let that cook on low for about 2 hours (I got busy, you don't really need to cook it that long). The pot is amazing! I love it.

The other new toy I have is a knife. A very different kind of knife. Its a ceramic pairing knife. It's very very sharp but it's really light. I'm not sure yet if I'm in love with it or not. This is not a knife that you want to have in a house with children. The knife looks fake. The blade is white and the handle is red. It looks a bit like safety scissors. As far as knives go it's pretty good. It's sharp, it cuts very nicely. I'll have to get back to you about if I really like it in the future. I have the feeling that it will grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment