Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Last night's dinner

Last night’s dinner was terrible. I need to work on fast foods that don’t taste like they’re fast. Or more realistically I need to work on not burning my pasta sauce. Last night I decided at 7 that I should eat something before my workout. Frozen meatballs sounded like a great idea. I had a whole bunch in my freezer and I had a jar of sauce in the fridge. Easy right? Nope! I managed to burn the sauce to the bottom on the pot in a nice even layer of smelly burned tomato. I decided to eat the meatballs anyway because frankly I was hungry and didn’t have anything else readily available but peanut butter and bread and I wasn’t willing to wait for the bread to toast. So I sat like a dude in college eating my sad defrosted slightly charred meatballs on the couch watching Monday Night Football. Sad…. Very very sad. Next time I’m defrosting the chicken breast like I knew I should have and making stir fry. Lesson learned, don’t lose track of time while watching football and leave pasta sauce on medium heat for ½ hour. It will burn into a hard nasty disk and make you wish you still lived at home and had mom making dinner every night because even if you don’t like what she’s making it’s probably not as bad as burnt tomato sauce and crappy meatballs… unless she’s making salmon.
Let me explain. I hate salmon. I don’t know why. It may be irrational but I really can’t do cooked salmon. My Dad says I had a bad experience with a salmon and now I just can’t get over it. I like raw salmon. Give me sushi any day but as soon as you throw it on the grill or in the over it’s over for me. I’ll even eat it smoked but heat cooked and I’m out. I know people tell me “oh man you’re missing out, it’s so good!” It’s like telling a lifelong vegetarian they’re missing out on the wonderful flavors of a fillet. They don’t get it. However I do try. About once a year I’ll try salmon again just to make sure and never fail I just don’t like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment