Monday, October 10, 2011

After Turkey

Part of the reason I love making a whole turkey is the day after. I love turkey sandwiches made with the breast meat and the ease of dinners and lunches the next few days!

Tonight's dinner: Turkey sandwiches on challah bread with roasted Anaheim peppers and Pub Cheese. Plus stuffing and potato salad. Can you say starch overload? I am a carbaholoic.

"Hello. My name is Marie and I am a carbaholic."
"Hi Marie."

It's probably something that I need to work on... maybe cut back a little... a very little. I tried South Beach once. I was not a happy camper. I looked good but I wasn't nice. I could have been a professional model! OK maybe not, I wasn't that mean.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raphealle,
    I'm so sorry I just deleted your comment! I can't figure out how to get it back either! I"m working on it though! I was trying to reply.
    So for everyone else here's Raphealle's comment:

    "Hello! I love your blog and I read it all the time, you're really fun to read. :)

    I'm looking to make a turkey chili, any suggestions to make it super awesome?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say it really depends on what kind of turkey you're using, if you use raw ground turkey you could do a spicy chili with a mix of paprika, chili powder and ground red pepper with crushed tomatoes and kidney beans and fresh jalapenos or if you're up for even spicier you could try a mix of hotter chilis. However jalapenos seem to be available just about everywhere.
    OR... you could do a slightly less spicy chili with Anaheim chilis and some roasted red peppers plus the beans and tomatoes.
    If you're using left over turkey from a roast cook the base (beans and peppers and whatnot) and add the cooked turkey in the last hour (if you're using a crock pot) or the last 20 minutes if you're on the stove top. To add the turkey flavor add some turkey stock (or bullion if you don't want to add more liquid) or poultry seasoning.
    I hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete