Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Fresh Start

As you may know already I'm getting married at the end of June (so soon! so excited!!). Getting married of course means getting all kinds of new stuff. The shower gifts are opened and starting to get used and the wedding gifts are starting to arrive.
Sitting in my new kitchen looking at all the gleaming new pots and pans I set myself a goal. I am going to use each piece that people gave us for the wedding this year. I know it's going to take a lot of effort but you all went though a lot of effort to get us really nice things and we should use them. So this year I plan to take you on a tour of my new kitchen tools and the china and whatnot that we received.
My plan is this: every Sunday we will be using the fine china. We have it, why not use it? So family and friends please come visit us on Sundays. Let me know you're coming so I have enough food, either way we will be here eating off fine china and crystal stemware.

To start of my year of wedding gifts I'm reaching for the low hanging fruit. We registered for Italian Countryside dishes from Mikasa and they're awesome. My future in-laws have them too so we knew the quality already. They're really simple off white with a nice scroll patter on the edges.



We're also already using our new glassware. We registered for the Libbey Imperial glassware set.

These turned out way cooler than even I expected! We liked the look online but we were concerned because we had not seen them in person. The picture on Macy's website was a bit deceiving but not for the worse. We thought the taller glasses were wider than they turned out to be, more like the short glasses. It turns out that it's better for the tall glasses to be a bit narrower so they are easier to hold. They seem pretty durable and are dishwasher safe (yay!)

As part of my yearlong quest to use everything we registered for I also want to think each person that purchased the gift for us. I really do appreciate all the effort, time, money, and thoughtfulness that went into each gift. So to my soon to be Mother and Father -in-law, my aunt Joan, cousin Christine, and my sister's In-Laws Don and Lois thank you and we can't wait to see you all at the wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment