Thursday, June 2, 2011

Old and New

Old:
I have one more goal for the year. No more cookbooks. I am not buying another cookbook all year. AND... I'm going to use the ones I have! They look so nice on the self in my kitchen, now it's time to crack the spines. Ok that's not true I've actually used my cook books before but sadly not all of them. I have bookmarks all over some of them but have never actually tried the recipes inside. So this is it, the year of using all my new kitchen toys and all my cook books.

New:
Coffee maker! I'm still on the easy stuff :) My new coffee maker is pretty fantastic I am actually more excited now that I have it and have been using it for 2 months. When I registered for it I didn't realize how many awesome features it actually had. It lets you brew less that 4 cups at a time and has a special feature where it heats the water more so the coffee tastes better (I don't know how/why it works but it does). It has a self clean! How cool! You still need to put in the vinegar and make it brew but it will tell you if the maker is clean or if you need to run it again.
Beyond the fun little features it brews a darn good cup of coffee. It also helps to know what you're doing (ok I really have no idea but I have an awesome grinder which helps) There is a very specific ratio of beans to water that all coffee officianatos know but I am no officianto, I have my 2 cups in the morning and that's it. However I like to enjoy my coffee, I'm not one for drinking black sludge in the morning just for caffeine. My grinder tells me how many beans per 4 cups and asks what kind of coffee maker (perc, drip, or press) and it does all the hard work. So for me there is no thinking! It's awesome!

Thank you Aunt Pat and Patty Jackson and Ruth Murphy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment