Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pancakes!

As you know I love breakfast. However I have had a bit of an issue with pancakes. The perfect pancake has always eluded me. recently I tried to make them from scratch to no avail. They were pretty awful. They were somewhere between crepes (awesome) and pancakes (also awesome). The somewhere in between is terrible. They were heavy and thick and not very tasty. So this past Sunday I headed to ACME Markets to pick up dinner ingredients (chicken a la king, very tasty). While at the store I happened to pass the isle where the boxed pancake mix is. Now I'm normally a "make it from scratch" girl but I've learned a lesson, sometimes the box is faster and easier. My pancakes were so good! Light, fluffy, flavorful and a perfect holder for as much maple syrup as I could pour on them!
Apparently pancake mix can also be used to make all kinds of other breadings and tasty goodness. (I learned two things this weekend) anything from chicken fingers to biscuits can be made with Bisquick. I love it!

So the perfect pancake started with Bisquick 2 eggs and 1 cup of milk. I mixed the eggs and the milk in a bowl and added the Bisquick according to the instructions on the box. I heated up a large skillet and added butter. Once the butter is melted drop 1/4 cup of the pancake batter to the pan and don't touch it until the edges start to dry and bubbles form on top of the pancake. Flip and cook through.
I wiped out the pan after each set of pancakes and added more butter. The key is to not let the butter burn or turn brown.

Enjoy breakfast! It's the most important meal of the day!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'd recommend, if you have Bisquick lying around, to try out the copycat recipe for Red Lobster's cheddar biscuits. Delicious, and I have yet to match it with scratch ingredients.

    ReplyDelete