Friday, September 23, 2011

Weekend plans

I'm putting it out there now. I'm going to have a huge weekend cooking-fest.
My goals are as follows:

Chicken & Escarole soup - I love the crock pot for this, not much thought and a lot of flavor

Bread - I'm a big baker but believe it or not I've never baked a yeast bread before

Swiss Chard Lasagna - I've made this one before, and it was awesome!

Gnocchi - There is truly nothing like home made gnocchi. It's fantastic!

I also have a few other things in mind if I'm feeling frisky. Particularly Pain au Chocolat. This is a fabulous french pastry filled with a rich dark chocolate, and I'm planning to drizzle chocolate over the top too. If I don't get to it this weekend I'm definitely going to make it soon. And possibly pizza dough for Friday night's dinner, unless I want to wait until Friday and make it fresh... we'll see.

My real goal is to be prepared for the week so I can actually work out and make good healthy dinners without feeling like I'm running like a crazy person.

So we'll see how this all turns out on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment