Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Really?!

I discovered something most unexpected yesterday, especially for how much I love food. I’m not eating enough! I know you’re probably laughing right now. How is it possible that I’m not eating enough?! I felt like I eat every spare moment I get. I wasn’t eating enough to the tune of at least 800 calories. As of yesterday I was only eating about 1200 calories. And that was generous. I am of course only talking about normal days, not holidays, special occasions, or company meeting nights (free food!). This count was on my normal daily intake. It certainly explains why I’ve been so tired.
I’m trying to work out how and where to add good calories. I’ve been on a health kick since January so I’ve been eating more vegetables and fruits and less processed foods. The problem now is that processed foods have a ton of extra calories for some reason and now I have to replace those. Which I suppose is great because it means I get to eat more! So today I started on my project. I doubled my lunch. Normally I eat a ham sandwich or a salad for lunch (and not one of those salads that you could feed a family in Uganda for a week with). Today I had both. I know it doesn’t seem like much but I’m taking baby steps.
I’m trying to be really careful because I could start sliding down a very slippery slope. Because I love to eat so much I could easily start justifying my inhaling a pint of ice cream or that huge plate of chicken fingers and fries as ‘adding calories to my diet’. It’s good though right? Studies say we need more dairy… and as for the french fries and chicken fingers… well I haven’t worked that one out yet.
And now because I need the extra calories: Wine, cheese, and crackers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! You made me learn something on my own today... it's SUNDAY young lady!! This was pretty good intel... Thanks

    Rob

    ReplyDelete