Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sushi!!!

I know some people are really scared of sushi. I’m not one of those people. There are very few things I will not eat, and I will try it once before I decide I’m not going to eat it again. I’m pretty hard to gross out.

So anyway, back to sushi and why I’m a big fan. I found it’s the best quick meal when you’re starving and wondering through the grocery store. Think about it. You know it’s fresh, it has to be. You know there’s not much salt or preservatives in it; all that’s in it is raw fish, rice, and seaweed. How bad could that be? And my favorite part, it’s ready to eat. You could eat it in the car on the way home from the store. I wouldn’t recommend it, sometimes the rice falls apart, but you could if you really wanted to.

Beyond the whole “it’s healthy” thing it’s actually really tasty. It’s how I get to eat salmon. I can’t do cooked salmon. I know I said I eat almost everything. Fish is almost 100% out for me. I just don’t like how it tastes or how it feels in my mouth. So I find other ways to eat it. I can roll the raw fish any day of the week. Throw it on the grill and it’s over for me. I can’t take it. I know I’m super weird but I’m ok with that.

The nice thing about sushi is that if you’re weirded out by raw fish you can get sushi with cooked fish. Your options are limited to shellfish but you can get the happy combination of fish, rice, and seaweed without the rawness of normal sushi. I actually like to switch it up every once in a while and pick up Philadelphia rolls or rolled sushi with smoked tuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment