Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Awesome... Just awesome

I read an article last week that I really need to share. As you know I love to garden so this article caught my eye from the beginning.
Basically this woman started a garden and before long her husband lost his job and they were able to make ends meet by growing their own vegetables. And now she's started a foundation called Dinner Garden to get seeds to families who are in need and are willing to grow their own food. I'm going to try to get in touch with them and see what I can do to help. How could I not? I love food, I love to garden, and I feel that it's really important to help when you can in whatever way you can. I know I won't be a "big donor" or on anyone's special list for giving but that's not what it's about. There are people who aren't able to feed themselves and their families and if I can lend a hand I'm all for it. And if they need help and questions answered on how to cook something they've grown or how to grow seeds that they've received through the program I'm all in!

How wonderful to be encouraged to be self sufficient and healthy. Plus it's another reason to get your hands dirty!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this article as well and loved it! Makes me want to try gardening myself... but then again, I'd probably kill everything with my black thumb so it wouldn't matter :(

    I love that you're going to try to help out, and I can't wait to hear how it all turns out!! :D Good luck!

    ReplyDelete